Sunday, November 14, 2010

Blogging: Another place to express myself

Hello there.  You may or may not be in the wrong place.  Either way, welcome.

Now, I'm assuming most of you know me, but for those who don't: Hi.  I'm Dane.  I'm a missionary kid (or MK for ease of use) who went down to Peru when I was about 5-6 years old.  We spent a little over a year in Arequipa (one of the...well, let's call 'em states) of Peru, then moved to Huanuco (another "state"), and have lived there fairly frequently ever since, except for return trips to the United States.  I'm 14 years old, and a fairly decent height, in my humble opinion (around 5' 8"-5' 9").  I have long, blonde hair, a slightly unusual personality: happy in public, when I'm not in a bad mood, pretty quiet (unless I have something to say, in which case I do a bit too often) unless I know you and am comfortable around you, arachnophobic (particularly in the case of web-making spiders, the terrifying garden spider being my arch-nemesis), and I tend to avoid dangerous or downright wrong situations (I will not lie for anyone). I also have some strange compulsive reactions (for instance, I can't stand shades that have half the shade-things open and half of them closed). Anything else I come up with will probably make an appearance in future blog editions.  Oh, one more thing (two actually): I'm random, as you just found out (but aren't we all random?), and also, I tend to use either big-ish words or lots of words (re-read this blog post for an example).

Ah, yes.  One more thing, and a very important one: I'm a Christian.  And a word to all other Christians reading this: the Devil is out to get us.  Don't adopt an attitude of peace; we're fighting every day.  We can't ignore the war.  Pick up your weapons, keep to your closest friends, and join the battle.  Every troop is needed.

A couple random pieces of advice:  One, don't wear cheap shoes when you play Laser Tag (TONS of running, which is causing one pair of my shoes to fall apart, and they're fairly new).  Two:  beware of woodworking chisels and kitchen knives.  They're both very sharp and quite capable of cutting fingers.  Do not try to help out with chiseling if you don't know how to use a chisel, and never cut through pre-cut bagels in midair.  (Pre-cut?  Try pre-traced.)

Yes, you have entered a strange and uncharted territory: the written version of my thoughts.  You would be right to be afraid.

*Evil laughter*

No comments:

Post a Comment