Thursday, September 13, 2012

Sadness

How do you heal a broken heart?

The endless cycle continues, old wounds come up again with hope and hopelessness frustratingly entwined, and tears return.  An endless sine wave of joy and sorrow.

Why can't I just move on?  Why her?  Why do I insist, and why can't I accept that things will not change?  My heart's stubbornness is the reason I suffer, but I keep catching hints of hope, and I can't stop trying.  Or rather, I can't make myself stop trying.

I know that life has its seasons; times when the clouds are overhead and hope is far away.  But why won't the sunny days stick around for more than...well...days?  Part of it is my own fault; I don't make the effort to look for the sunlight that is still there.  But the clouds loom and blot out the sun and pour their rain, and I cry. Hope seems far away and hoping feels like wishful thinking.

But what do I do now?  Do I wait it out, see if things will be different this time?  Or will the pattern continue?  Then again, is action a part of the pattern?  Maybe if I do nothing, things will get better.  Or worse.  I don't know.  And I wish I did, because I feel lost in it all.  People are so hard to understand sometimes.

And I know I have God.  But I still feel loss all too acutely, and I want to reach out, see if maybe things can change.  But what if they don't?  It'll just happen again.  Or I'll lose her, which is even worse.  But I don't even know.

Hold me, Jesus...


No comments:

Post a Comment